skip to main content
LGBTQIA+ Programming & Initiatives
The University of Mississippi


Homophobia & Transphobia in the Workplace


  • UM Student Housing: To speak with someone in Student Housing regarding housing options and supportive measures, please contact Student Housing at or (662) 915-7328.
  • Break Housing Option: Student Housing provides a break housing option for students living in residence halls that are closed during academic breaks and who may not have a place to go or prefer to remain on or near campus. Additional fees will apply for break housing. If you need financial assistance, please contact UMatter: Student Support & Advocacy at (662) 915-7248 or

Intimate Partner Violence & Sexual Assault


Mental Health

  • University Counseling Center To make an appointment, call 662-915-3784 or stop by the Counseling Center located on the 3rd floor of Lester Hall, just up the hill from the Rebel Market (Johnson Commons).
  • Clinic for Outreach and Personal Enrichment (COPE) The UM Counselor Education Clinic for Outreach and Personal Enrichment (COPE) is located at 2301 S. Lamar Blvd. and is open to the public, providing counseling services to children, adolescents, college students and adults. Services are provided by master’s, specialist, and doctoral students who are completing their practicum or internship experiences as well as by faculty members. Counseling services are available Monday through Thursday from 12:00pm to 5:00pm by appointment only. All services are provided free of charge by Doctoral & Master’s level Clinical Mental Health Counselors.

Financial Assistance